.:My first online diary of symbolisms, anachronisms and digitized memories:. .:Mi primer diario en internet lleno de simbolismos y memorias digitalizadas:.

8/16/2003

To be or not to be...

That is actually not the lingering question in my mind right now. Let's recap this few past months since I've blogged. I went to Europe this summer, took a course in "Creativity" in Florence, hung out in Barcelona with my cousin who's not actually my blood cousin - he's the son of a really good friend of my mother's from Costa Rica and he and his sisters are like my cousins now. We have an out of blood bond. It's pretty cool. So I hung out with him in his apartment for one night. Yeah one night because I coudn't stand the heat and he didn't actually have air conditioning... So that pushed me to go get a hotel. I called hotels all night and coudn't find one. Not one had one room for lil' ol' me! Unbelievable... So the next day I decided to take it easy and just go sightseeing and chill the fuck out. I ask the taxi driver to take me to the center of the gothic town. He leaves me there and what do I see? A hotel! It was the Hotel Colón in the barrio gótico right in front of the gothic church (which is amazing by the way). By impulse I went in to the hotel to find out about rooms... Just in case right? I go into the lobby of the nice small hotel. Four Stars, not bad. I talk to the guy at reception and ask him if I could get a room there. He investigates in his computer and tells me that there's an executive room available but only for 3 nights. I think about it but not too much since I really want to have air conditioning. (Im not too much of an outside person) And in a swift action, I hand him my credit card...
"Ok your'e all set Ms. Carlo. This man will accompany to your room. Do you have any bags with you?" All I had was my backpack so I showed it to him and the guy accompanied me to my room. Room 508. I can't begin to explain the feeling of pure ecstasy I receieved when the man opened the door to the room. He left me and I started to investigate. Jump in the bed. Open all the doors, nice room, nice air conditioner! Cool... Then I open doors that lead to a small balcony and then my breath was taken away by the view... The gothic cathedral... Incredible... I stayed there for a bit, decided to leave my backpack and just take my camera and my purse with me t'ill I could get my luggage from my cousin's apartment to mine. Then I went to the Dalí museum which was just up the street from the hotel. I have pictures of all this but I can't put them here until I know how to do that... :S
Needless to say, I stayed in that hotel, even if it came out a bit expensive, I was happy so that's all that mattered.




|