.:My first online diary of symbolisms, anachronisms and digitized memories:. .:Mi primer diario en internet lleno de simbolismos y memorias digitalizadas:.

6/14/2004

.:Idiosyncratic Stillness:.

Someone wrote this for me a long time ago. I thought I'd put it here. I really like it and I'd like to share it. Plus, I got permission from the writer and he said it's ok. So here goes.

"Idiosyncratic Stillness"

Lo siento,
si el mismo silencio tatuado a gritos
sobre la piel mojada del destino,
as if words, once wholly useful
became banal, almost vulgar
as in fear, cowered…

The unmistakable silence of complicity?


I hope vaguely for the
plaintive wail of emotion,
odium, love, fatigue,
scorn, awareness, realization
como si en el espacio mismo
se ocupara de armar el vacio
como un castillo de arcaico silicio

¿La afasia inconfundible de la confusión?

Y nos comemos las lenguas en un beso
Pero no nos pertenecen ni nuestras sonrisas
ni nuestras angustias, ni nuestros abrazos

ni tu necesidad de decirte lo que ya sabes
ni mi necesidad de tomarme por querido

What only remains,
is the certainty of silence
interrupted by notes of clutter,
of noise and music
of the transcendental and the meaningless
of the dull and the amusing…

Y aun asi:
the dread remains,
and your smile manages
to confound and compound,
brick upon brick of nothingness

As to your silence, for once,
it’s one I have no need to break…

|