.:My first online diary of symbolisms, anachronisms and digitized memories:. .:Mi primer diario en internet lleno de simbolismos y memorias digitalizadas:.

9/21/2003

.:Remison Silica:.



El Che in front of the fine establishment where we played at.


Last night we went to do our first show in a while. Actually it was my first show with Remison Silica. It was awesome! It was a rainy night but as soon as we got out of San Juan the rain stopped which was a good thing. We met up with Michael and his wife at a middle point before going to the place. It was a nice drive although I heard in the back of my head this sound in the like of: "Slow down Ivonne!!!" But we got there fast and we got there safe! The place took us all by surprise because even though it was in a small remote town, it was really nicely decorated. What didn't surprise me at all was the smallness of the place, but that was cool because it made it cozy. In fact, the place didn't even seem to belong there. The name of the place is Pepe's which lessens the ultimate caché value it may have, but it's not an unknown type of name... We were there almost 2 hours before we would play so the guys set the equipment up and we did a test run with Mujer Kamikaze and it sounded great.


David tuning his gueehtahhhr.


When it came time for us to finally play, I grabbed the guys and invited those who wanted to a shot. Only two of them accepted so I had a sweet shot (I forget the name) and they had tequila... They started with an instrumental song called Nogin and it sounded awesome except I don't believe the crowd there could appreciate an instrumental song in the beggining of a set- especially if those people are used to hearing bands that do covers only... But it turned out awesome and people even clapped. Fernando was pissed because one of his strings broke during the second song but thanks to the fact that David had brought two guitars that didn't damper the situation too much. After that I did choruses for the rest of the songs that I sing in. Before I got to sing my song, I went to get another shot to control my nervousness. I fucked up a bit by repeating a couple of lines of another part of the song in the end, but it was ok, because no one there (except for the band-members) noticed or gave a damn. I had fun while singing and I can't wait to learn this other song that I will be singing which I like a lot... So we'll see.


Fernando sings.


So, after we played I thought we were gonna just go home. But alas, nein... The drummer had loaned his set to the guys that were playing next, so we had to wait for him. I was thirsty for something non-alcoholic so my boyfriend and I went to try to find something to drink somewhere else. All we found was a whole bunch of roaches and closed places. So after I had a fit because I can't stand the sight of roaches, we walked back to the place. We then waited for the cover band to finish so we could go and all of the sudden some fight breaks out. Fortunately we were not in the middle of the situation but we did see a lot of people get into defense mode. My handbag got wet though, because apparently one girl a "cafre" girl threw a drink at some guy and he tried to grab a chair to throw at her... Yes, ladies and gentlemen, last night did not go without a bit of drama...


Michael testing his drum set.


Oh yeah... and the friend of the drummer's wife got so drunk she was in the bathroom for about two hours... Fernando had to help her get into the car... Poor thing, she mixed drinks and it makes sense that she got sick because she can't weigh more than 80 pounds. She's too skinny! I hope she's ok. After we got back to a rainy San Juan, we decided to go eat at Denny's so we went. After that it was a shower and bed. That's all folks... :)


Remison Silica, doin' our stuff. ;)


|