.:My first online diary of symbolisms, anachronisms and digitized memories:. .:Mi primer diario en internet lleno de simbolismos y memorias digitalizadas:.

10/13/2004

.:I'm a HIPPO:.

No really, I am a hippo, thanks to the speedy reversal of my thyroid from overworking it's little ass off to hardly working at all, I now have these symptoms:

The symptoms of hypothyroidism are mainly dependent on the amount of decrease in thyroid hormone and duration of time that the decrease has been present. For most patients, the symptoms are mild and can often be confused with other problems. The symptoms may include the following:

* fatigue and muscle swelling or cramps (mainly in the arms and legs and neck and face and even my ass!)
* tingling in the fingers
* loss of equilibrium
* weight gain
* dry skin and cold intolerance
* yellow skin (hmm not yellow yet)
* coarseness or loss of hair
* constipation (pffft)
* hoarseness
* memory and mental impairment (yesterday I coudn't remember the name of my favorite jewelry store... twas a sad day indeed)
* decreased concentration
* depression (I cry at stupid commercials! Which is not only cliché, it's stupid)
* irregular or heavy menstruation
* infertility or miscarriages
* slowed heart rate :/
* myxedema: fluid infiltration of the tissues causing puffiness (mainly in the face) (yeah, tell me about it!)


Anyway, such is life. I really don't wanna complain, I hate whiners. But allow me this lil bit. I just wanna feel like my old self again and be able to go to the gym and go to live shows and take pictures and go dancing, and and and do the things I like to do without it being a big production! I'm so sick of this!!! Ok...

breathes...

ooooooohm...

At least I went to the doctor yesterday and she raised the dose on my pill and gave me another pill as well to help me with the deflating. (or something along those lines...) So, wish me luck, or godspeed or whatever cuz she also house arrested me for two weeks. So there will be and I mean this in all senses: MORE OF ME TO GO AROUND!

wish me luck guys!

ciao ciao.

-Ivonne

|